St George’s Hill Spring Meeting
News and information from this event
Thursday 19th March 2015
MTGS Meeting Report
A successful day took place at St Georges Hill despite bitterly cold weather: the course was in fine condition although most of us found the greens decidedly tricky. In all 57 members participated in the first "MTGS major" of the year. The main points covered, after an excellent lunch, by the President were: -
• A sincere "thank you" for the continued sponsorship of our prizes by BCA - unfortunately their MD, Spencer Lock, was not able to join us
• A short but heartfelt tribute to James Crickmay following his recent death
• The next major is a Member/Guest day at Betchworth on Monday May 18th (get those guests lined up! We should be able to accommodate quite a few). It's an excellent deal at £85pp including a full English breakfast and wine with lunch
• The Committee will review our change of policy implemented today in respect of playing fourballs at St G H. There were complaints by some participants about slow play (exacerbated by the intense cold)
The results are detailed below. The modest scores reflect the difficult playing conditions. Peter van Blommestein & Simon Newell should be particularly congratulated on winning Divisions 1 & 2 respectively...and on their subsequent handicap cuts!
After the prize giving, Roger Prowting hit a majestic long drive down the middle of the first fairway for his ceremonial Drive - In.
The AGM completed the day - the minutes will be posted on the website soon. My very personal summary would be: -
• A society in overall very good shape (including its finances)
• A most successful year completed
• Roger Prowting confirmed as this year's President
• Ray Sommerville voted in as Vice President
MTGS Golf Manager
20th March 2015
1. Peter van Blommestein with 34pts off 10 h/c winning the Car Mart Challenge Bowl
2. Gerry Lynch with 33pts off 8 h/c winning the Wagon Trophy (C/B 17-16)
3. Neil Aldridge with 33pts off 8 h/c (C/B 17-16)
Peter is cut 1shot
Longest drive - Nick Haigh --- Nearest the pin - Adam Kendrick
1. Simon Newell with 37pts off 19 h/c winning the Ace Trophy
2. Sean Friedman with 35pts off 16 h/c winning the J Tait Bowl
3. John Day with 35pts off 16 h/c (C/B 15-18)
Simon is cut 1 shot
Longest drive - Simon Newell --- Nearest the pin - Craig Brown
Roger Prowting Drives in as the new President.
This is going to be good ...........................................
It went straight down the middle !!!!
St Georges Hill Golf Club with our new Flag flying.