Members/Guests at Hadley Wood GC
Mon 19th June 2017
News and information from this event
MTGS Meeting Monday 19th June 2017
at Hadley Wood Golf Club
We had a fair turnout of 29 members and 25 guests for our second Member/Guest day of the year at Hadley Wood. It was a glorious, sunny day (too hot for some of us!) with the challenging course in superb condition – in particular the slick and undulating greens.
Lunch was generally satisfactory but the speed of serving the main course left a lot to be desired.
During lunch, our President, Paul Williams, welcomed the members & guests (including the 7 FMI members) and covered some key points: -
* I think the members will all be aware that, as a result of their questionnaire feedback, today we moved a member/guest day north of the river for the first time in a long while. Please let your Committee know what you think of Hadley Wood as a venue for the future
* One of our Committee members, Graeme Hunt, is a member of Hadley Wood and a key person in our playing here today. I’m sure most of you will know that Graeme had a major health problem last December. I am pleased to report that he is making progress albeit very slowly
* Our two remaining major events of the year are at Hindhead (you should already have your invitation for our final Member/Guest day on July 27th) and the Members' day at Walton Heath on September 14th.
* Do make sure that you have our annual Dinner at the Dorchester firmly in your diaries (Thursday December 7th) and also in those of your guests!
* I must mention one sad matter relating to our Past President – Tom Madden, who has resigned from the Society due to the onset of vascular dementia and Alzheimer’s. I replied to “his” email and received a very nice reply from his wife.
* Paul continued his theme of giving the assembled throng some helpful golfing tips: today’s advice was how to play a Maxfli out of the rough….having hit a Titleist off the tee!!
* Finally a really sincere "thank you" to our sponsor today – Lease Car Credit. Oliver Harris has been a long time supporter of the Society and I am delighted that he is presenting the prizes
After the prizes (see below) were presented, Brian Childs thanked the MTGS on behalf of the FMI for inviting them to play and to hold their own competition as well.
The prize winners were as follows: -
MEMBERS DIVISION 1 Name H/c Pts
1st Marsham Salver Douglas Drummond (CUT 1) 12 36
2nd Mercantile Cup Godfrey Hall (cb 14/20) 14 34
3rd Steve Wright(cb 17/17) 13 34
MEMBERS DIVISION 2 Name H/c Pts
1st Craig Trophy Joff Suter (CUT 2) 18 36
2nd William Glass Bowl Craig Brown (cb 15/17/11) 18 32
3rd Trevor Teer (cb 15/17/9) 18 32
GUESTS Name H/c Pts
1st Bob Cadman 13 39
2nd Steve Fulford 17 36
3rd Ben Collins 12 35
DIVISION 1 Name H/c
LONGEST DRIVE 12th Ben Collins 12
NEAREST THE PIN 3rd Ray Grainger 11
DIVISION 2 Name H/c
LONGEST DRIVE 5th Trevor Teer 18
NEAREST THE PIN 17th Joff Suter 18
We have now played three of the five events counting towards finding our player of the year (the best three scores count). The top twenty scores follow (quite a few players in this table have only played in two events)
Aggregate Scores after 3 Events
Douglas Drummond 97
Godfrey Hall 95
Nick Haigh 94
Mark Hinge 90
Steve Wright 89
Sean Costa 82
Eric Cross 80
Max Angliss 78
Terry Wills 77
Barry Williams 74
Roger Prowting 69
Martin Davies 68
Derek Allen 67
Martin Broome 65
Martin Derrick 65
Trevor Teer 65
Craig Brown 63
Bob Singh 63
Peter Featherstone 62
Oliver Harris 59
Motor Trades Golfing Society
1926-2021 Motor Trades Golfing Society. All rights reserved. Thank you to all the Golf clubs for use of photographs of their Club Houses.
Design and technology by Webbability
Content by MTGS members