Welcome to the third Member and Guest (and 4th major) MTGS meeting of 2020.
It is being held at the glorious Hankley Common Golf Club ( Tilford Road, Farnham, GU10 2DD - 01252 797717 ) on Tuesday 18th August
The format of the day will be:-
7.30 Clubhouse opens
7:45 Bacon Rolls & Coffee available
8:30 Shotgun start, 18 Hole Stableford, off full handicaps
13:30 Carvery Lunch
Division 1 players will be competing for the Lombard Cup and Penrose Bowl
Division 2 players will be competing for the Shell Mex Trophy and Lombard Cup
Both Divisions also have nearest the pin and longest drive prizes.
Stableford points will contribute to the Player of the Year prizes at the end of the year.
We would like to thank Automotive Assets for their continued sponsorship of this event
News and information from this event
Report of MTGS Member/Guest Day at Hankley Common on 11th August 2020.
On a glorious sunny day (too hot for many of us!), we teed off at 09:00 from the 1st tee. The course was in great condition considering the recent heatwave. The very dry fairways allowed the ball to travel a long way, but the famous heather was always ready to swallow wayward shots.
The club had implemented social distancing measures very well and we all enjoyed a first class Carvery meal on the patio overlooking the course.
Our new President, Nick Haigh, gave his inaugural address including : -
- “Thank You” to our outgoing President Martin Derrick. Martin is the first President in the long history of the MTGS to have served two, very successful, consecutive years in the role.
- A good turn out today of 31 including 7 guests
- Welcome to our new members - Mark Binyon, Tom Ames-Waller, Nigel Bayliss, Lee Cooksey, Dave Porter. Ian Dowdeswell and Steve Burge.
- “Thank You” to Ray Fisher who has stepped down from the Committee after many years of service. He has done much work modernising the society. The Committee have awarded him honorary future membership.
- “Thank You” to our Golf Manager, Terry Wills, who has decided to step down from the committee after having organised us for the last five years.
- Future dates: -
- September 17th – Walton Heath is now confirmed. An invitation will go out this week.
- November 19th - BEN Day at Effingham
- A sincere "thank you" to our sponsor, Automotive Assets, and, in particular, to David Manchester.
The prize-winners were as follows:-
Division 1 (0-14 Hcp)
Winner – Neal Aldridge – 35
Runner up – Dave Porter – 33
Third – Martin Broome – 31 (Countback)
Division 2 (15-24 Hcp)
Winner – Roger Prowting – 38
Runner up – Ray Fisher – 33 (15/18)
Third – Paul Healy – 33 (18/15)
Winner – Bradley Aldridge (36)
Runner up – Jon O’Neil